1) Bed bugs CAN survive in alpine conditions. EW.
2) Keystone’s River Run Village is built atop a gigantic underground parking lot.
3) Noodles cook faster in high altitudes aka water boils at a lower temperature due to decreased atmospheric pressure.
4) Everyone can read the clouds and predict snowfall out here. Even though it almost never snows when someone tells me, in passing, that it’s going to snow
5) Snake River Saloon takes the cake for the best (and most affordable) steak dinner in Keystone.
6) Breck Brewery’s Vanilla Porter is tastiest out of the bottle.
7) The prestigious and cozy Ski Tip Lodge in Keystone was once a stagecoach stop. It’s named for the vintage ski tips that serve as their door handles.
8) Arapahoe Cafe and Pub was one of the few buildings that were physically moved up the hill when they flooded the old town town of Dillon.
9) I get cell service on top of Dillon Peninsula but do not get service in River Run…can you hear me now?
10) Don’t use a full tsp of peppermint extract when making peppermint chocolate chip Christmas cookies…stick with a 1/2 tsp.
11) I have to get an 85% or higher on my Front Desk/Concierge final exam next week or I don’t have a job. Yipes!